Strip plastic is a sensual dance style where you dance mostly on and with the floor in special heels (or also without them). Attention is focused on softness and control or the body movement same as emotional expression.
You will learn where is your body located in space and how to use it. This style of dance is very feminine. It helps to start feeling confident and sensual.
For Diana it is important to give a feeling of Dance from the first class as well as a very clear and interesting explanation of movement technique. There are two ways to start dancing Strip Plastic with Paramonova - the 'Beginner Course' group or just to come to the open class.
Beginner Course - once in 2 months you can join the course. It lasts 4 weeks and has 8 workouts (1 hour each). In this group, we slowly go through all the basics and learn how to use them in dance. One class is dedicated to the technique and another one to the choreography. Also, we are developing body strength and mobility as much as it is needed for good body control. At the end of the month, all who want can take part in video filming (group or private). This is the best way to start dancing! Comfortable and productive. After this course, each student gets a very strong base to continue dancing. It will be easy to learn any choreography from any teacher having such a foundation.
Opened Class - all who have some dancing base or went through the Beginners Course course can join opened class. The attention of the class goes to the choreography. We warm up, do dancing exercises and start learning the choreography. The main thing here is to enjoy dancing and to improve choreography remembering skills.
WHAT TO WEAR
This is the first thing for the Strip Plastic. We work mostly on the floor and if you want to enjoy but not to suffer - just bring kneepads.
It is better to try strip plastic without heels first, to focus on movement more, because heels will bring a lot of attention. But it is great to start wearing them from the third class already to get used to the technique of heels work.
How to choose?
- Your very first heels should be tried out in the shop so that you know your size.
- Some dancers say you need to take a size smaller than you have in life. It may be the truth for silicon covered strip shoes, but you will know it only after you try.
- Silicone will soften and take the shape of your leg after you start dancing.
- Silicone easily breaks.
- There are leather or silicon covers, closed or opened shoes. No one knows which will suit You the most! So, just try your first pair and keep experimenting!
- Start with a short platform. But! The higher the platform is the better it saves your toes.
- Also choosing between sandals or boots - in boots all leg is covered, it means it is more stable and protective.
- And yes - they are expensive!+
- Be careful with AliExpress or eBay variant, because the bottom of shoes can paint black lines on the floor. Cleaning them after class is not the most exciting process!
- Hight of the platform:
1 - 6 inches
2 - 7 inches
WHERE AND WHEN
At Illusion Space! This is the most comfortable place for dance in Riga! The special lighting, shower, still water, and huge windows with the inspiring view!